Best Practices for Cleaning Your Printer
Posted on April 17, 2020
At AstroNova, we understand right now with current events, depending on the industry, keeping up with demands may be more critical than ever. As part of AstroNova’s commitment to our customers in maintaining a safe and hygienic workplace, we’ve provided an outline that includes recommended disinfection materials and procedures you may find helpful when cleaning your printer. Studies show that frequently disinfecting commonly used surfaces is essential in preventing the spread of germs and viruses, which may remain viable for days on a variety of surfaces. Whether you own a QuickLabel printer or not, we hope you find this information helpful.
Recommended Procedure for Disinfecting and Cleaning Your Printer
The CDC recommends the following disinfecting products:
- Diluted household bleach solutions (5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water)
- Alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol
- Most common EPA-registered household disinfectants should be effective
- Disposable gloves
- Disinfectant solution
- Cleaning cloth/towel
- Wear disposable gloves and ensure disposal of them after completion of this procedure
- Turn your printer Off
- Clean the exterior of the printer
- Apply disinfection solution on the cleaning cloth ( Do not apply the solution directly on the printer)
- Thoroughly wipe the exterior of the printer and the most commonly touched surfaces, such as media guides, ink doors, and handles
- Wipe the surrounding area where the printer is installed
- Wipe the shelves where your label material is stored
- After completion dispose of the gloves and cleaning wipe
- Wait for the surface of the printer to dry then turn it ON
- Repeat this procedure at the start and end of your shift
In conclusion, preventative actions like these are necessary to stop the spread of any type of viruses to protect your health. Ensure taking your time when following this procedure and repeat it as often as needed.
If you have any printer or printer supply-related questions, feel free to contact us. From medical device to chemical, sanitation, nutraceutical, food and beverage, and everything in between, QuickLabel has all your hardware, software, and material needs for labeling.
Posted in Printing Solutions, Product Labeling, QuickLabel Printers | Tagged best label printer, chemical label printer, color label printers, color label printing, color printers, desktop printer, digital label printer, digital printing, labeling solutions, medical device labeling, quicklabel